Monday, November 19, 2007

UFC in Jersey



How appropriate, let's make sure all the meatheads stay where they belong. I can say that because I went to UFC 78 Validation and am advid fan, but don't consider myself to be in the meathead category. I'm sure they would have had it in New York but NY law does not sanction the sport. It was a fun time and this was my first time at a fight so i was weary of who would be attending. I've only seen the fans on tv, veins popping out of their foreheads and screaming like rabid animals. But despite my discriminations, everyone seemed very civilized. It made me realize that the spectators actually view Ultimate Fighting as a highly trained sport that uses a good deal of strategy and skill, rather than sole brute force. With the exception of almost getting in to a fight with a couple of knuckle-heads standing in line, it was a grand night of intellect, discussion, brewskis and blood.

If you happened to catch UFC 78 on pay per view, you probably missed the most exciting fights, the prelims. I'm not going to talk about the fights, but the main event (Rashad Evans vs. Michael Bisping) was somewhat boring, Evans winning by split decision, and the main undercard (Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva), was totally disappoining, Silva winning by premature stoppage. If you want to read about all the fights in depth, go to here (mmamania.com) it's a great blog all about UFC/MMA.

No comments: