Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Oren or Bob Saget?



Oren's Daily Roast has become my coffee of choice. Voted Manhattan's best cup of coffee by a couple of respected magazines, it's my daily fix. A strong cup with great flavor that keeps me away from Starfucks. Oren Bloostein, the founder and owner, also happens to be a dead ringer for Bob Saget. The location that i goto, 58th & Madison, has a picture of "Oren" holding basket of coffee beans, I'm guessing somewhere in South America? The first time I noticed the picture, I thought it was so bizarre to have the dad from Full House promoting Oren's coffee. I decided to ask one of the baristas why the hell they had a picture of B.S. She told me everyone ask the same question and that it was Oren, the owner/founder, not B.S. It's become a running joke that I ask that same question each time I go into Oren's. I also urge you to do the same, at least until they put up a sign that says "This is Oren, not Bob fuckin Saget". In the search to compare the two twins, obviously separated at birth, my friend and I found some fun links:

Worship the Lord Bob Saget here.

Offical Bob Saget site

Rap Video, Rolling with Bob Saget: